Great business opportunities
Great because industry thrives in our region with its wide range of sectors: aeronautics, agrifood, shipbuilding, leisure marine, electronics and energy. A particular feature is the range of businesses of all shapes and sizes (French industry flagships, large corporations, medium-sized family businesses, small businesses, startups).
Great because in Pays de la Loire we offer a supportive and skilled business environment with strong and flexible networks. It’s the ideal backdrop for getting your innovation projects off the ground and bringing them to fruition.
Great because our region offers support schemes to help businesses become more competitive: This includes the “Regional Industry of the Future Plan” and its annual call for expressions of interest which helps establish practical ways to modernise small businesses.
Other support schemes help businesspeople innovate in the industry of the future: small business grants, guarantees, digital investment, equity holding, innovation support, etc.
- The application form for the call for expressions of interest can be found here.( in French only)
Powerful networking and the right connections
The French industrial cluster for advanced manufacturing technologies
Promotes and develops business and innovation in automotive industry
Images & Réseaux
The reference cluster of digital innovation (Intelligent territory, smart home, e-education and e-health …)
IRT Jules Verne
Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to composite manufacturing
Technocampus Smart Factory
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to industrial uses of virtual reality
Technology resource centre specialising in virtual reality, augmented reality and emerging technologies
An organization serving manufacturers, bringing together companies in the robotics sector
This technology transfer centre specialises in acoustics and vibrations, materials, biological and medical engineering, and design engineering.
An association and network for promoting, disseminating and sharing the culture of user-centric design in business and industry, whatever the sector involved or size of business.
Research laboratory specialising in mechanics, civil engineering and marine technology
IMN Jean Rouxel
Research Institute of Materials with five research teams
Laboratory specialising in audible range acoustics and in new research areas relating to vibrations and ultrasound
Laboratory of Digital Sciences of Nantes
- Arts et Métiers Angers: This engineering school provides courses to develop the skills that are essential for meeting the challenges of tomorrow’s industry and to participate in technological developments (transport, health, energy and construction).
- Centrale Nantes: Ranked in the top 5 best engineering schools in France. Known for its Ph.D. research studies on Manufacturing and Additive Manufacturing. Other Ph.D. research studies on Computer Science and Automation, & Robotics.
- ESTACA: This engineering school provides courses in all transport sectors: aeronautics, automotive, space, urban transport and rail.
- IMT Atlantique: Engineering School in the fields of Digital Technology, Energy & Environment
- Nantes Atlantique Design School: a private institution for higher education dedicated to design professions, in association with the University of Nantes