Great business opportunities in sailing
Great because you can join leading international companies of the boat industry
Atlantic France hosts the global leading shipyards Beneteau Group. If your company is a marine equipment supplier, working closely alongside this giant is a key opportunity. Make the move, like Yanmar: the Japanese group chose to set up its first sales office in Atlantic France (La Roche-sur-Yon) to market its innovative boat engines.
Great because the marine industry is constantly innovating and needs solution providers
Alongside shipbuilding, sailing is one of Atlantic France’s top markets. The sector represents a handful of business opportunities for you as a solution provider. You could find new clients, introduce innovative uses along our coast and also test your ideas directly with key industrial players.
Here’s a taste of our local innovations in the sailing boat industry:
- the foils developed by Beneteau Group (the foils of the Figaro Beneteau 3) and its new shared ownership scheme (the Beneteau Boat Club);
- the first electric houseboat (Sixto Green) developed by Nicols;
- the smart sailboat project (EVA 2) with its port manoeuvering software developed by Kara Technology in association with D-ICE Engineering;
- the green sailing system developed by Airseas, Zephyr & Borée and Neoline to save energy for cargo ships.
Great because we have got more scope for doing business with you!
Take advantage of the strong growth potential of our river boating sector: riverside activities, houseboat hire, river cruises, etc. Atlantic France also offers 375 km of waterways, 36 yacht ports, 15,000 berths and a collaborative business environment which provides you with plenty of exciting opportunities to explore.
Here are some recent examples of successful sailing businesses based in Atlantic France:
- Band of Boats (online platform for individuals hiring and selling boats);
- Boat Club de France (private boat booking club);
- Nautic Easy (pleasure boat restoration services).
Powerful networking and the right connections
The French industrial cluster for advanced manufacturing technologies
Rubber and polymers cluster
Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique
Cluster dedicated to marine activities with 6 strategics areas.
The innovation cluster for managing electric and thermal energies.
An organization serving manufacturers, bringing together companies in the robotics sector
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to composite manufacturing
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to marine structures and metallic materials
Technocampus Smart Factory
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to industrial uses of virtual reality
IRT Jules Verne
Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies
Industrial Technical Center of plastics and composites
Atlantic Digital Innovation Boating Association which networks innovative nautical companies, helps the creation of start-ups and facilitates the digital transition of the sector