Great business opportunities
Great because you can connect with big industry players in a field of excellence and with highly proficient subcontractors: Chantiers de l’Atlantique (passenger shipbuilding), Naval Group (marine propulsion), Mecasoud (cargo ships), Almaco (cabins)…
Great because you can provide your expertise and technological solutions to help us:
- Sail on cleaner and more economical vessels (LNG, composite materials, ballast water management…)
- Sail on more autonomous vessels (autonomous shipping, military naval drones)
- Operate vessels that fully embrace digital technology (digital mock-ups, virtual and augmented reality, digital simulations)
- Adapt to ever-stricter safety regulations (additive fabrication, robotic tools…)
Great because you are alongside us in France addressing a key challenge for the future, sustainable development:
- Maintenance: energy efficiency refits for all vessels and depollution services. Ongoing fleet upgrades to keep up with developments
- Ship breaking: Huge potential in both shipping and pleasure sailing
- Marine renewable energy: this market is still in an experimental stage and in order to grow, it will need a fleet of vessels designed for servicing wind farms
Powerful networking and the right connections
Rubber and polymers cluster
The French industrial cluster for advanced manufacturing technologies
Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique
Cluster dedicated to marine activities with 6 strategics areas.
The innovation cluster for managing electric and thermal energies.
Industrial Technical Center of plastics and composites
IRT Jules Verne
Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies
An organization serving manufacturers, bringing together companies in the robotics sector
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to marine structures and metallic materials
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to composite manufacturing
Technology transfer platform, speeding innovation for industry and developing programs on AI and robotics/cobotics.
Research laboratory specialising in mechanics, civil engineering and marine technology
LHEEA Centrale Nantes, CNRS
A pioneer in ocean science, IFREMER’s cutting-edge research is grounded in sustainable development and open science.