Great business opportunities on offer
The Pays de la Loire region is known for its rich digital ecosystem with its many startups and large digital service providers.
3 sectors are particularly promising:
Virtual and augmented reality
Great because you’re in a leading region where unique resources and facilities are available for developing new uses. Want to know more?
Internet of Objects
Our region is industrial and we are always keen to develop new forward-looking applications. To learn more about this sector, it’s this way!
The key accounts here are toying with artificial intelligence but have yet to make any major investment. So be part of it!
Powerful networking and the right connections
Brings together businesses in the electronics sector and users from all sectors.
Incubator and accelerator with coworking spaces for actors of Open Innovation and events dedicated to digital
Video game cluster
Digital players cluster
brings together the regional digital sciences ecosystem to rise to the challenges of the digital revolution
Technology resource centre specialising in virtual reality, augmented reality and emerging technologies
Technocampus Smart Factory
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to industrial uses of virtual reality
Academic and technology resources
55 establishments and 7,800 students each year
- Centrale Nantes: This engineering school is a Grande Ecole and trains engineers to a very high level. Students are equipped with a strong managerial ethos and taught to appreciate the wider environmental and societal dimensions to the scientific subjects they study
- Epitech: Graduate school of digital innovation
- Imie: Computer science school: 3D Animation, E-sport, Communication & design
- IMT Atlantique: This engineering school provides courses in the convergence of digital technology, energy and environment
- Nantes Atlantic Design School: a private institution for higher education dedicated to design professions, in association with the University of Nantes
- Polytech’Nantes: The graduate school of engineering of the University of Nantes, located on 3 campuses (Nantes, Saint-Nazaire and La Roche-sur-Yon). Sectors: Electronics, Digital, energy, construction and materials
- Cité de l’Objet Connecté: Connected objects hub integrated into We Network cluster supporting startups, small and mid-sized businesses and large corporations thoughout their IoT projects
- IRT Jules Verne: Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies
- Laval Virtual Center: a leading innovation catalyser for VR/AR applications
4 digital laboratories:
- LARIS: This laboratory works in three ICT areas – system automation, image signals and reliability – with applications for the plant sector, healthcare and information science
- LERIA: This laboratory works in two areas that are closely connected with IT: artificial intelligence and combinatorial optimisation. Its research involves the development of models and formalisms for knowledge management and the design and application of optimisation algorithms for resolving combinatorial problems
- LIUM: Since its creation, LIUM’s main research themes have been human learning and language and speech technology
- LS2N: Laboratory which brings together 450 people working at the heart of the digital world. Its aim is to put cybernetics and IT research in Nantes squarely on the map, and participate fully in the digital revolution in our society today
Let's meet at an event
Nantes Digital Week
Various events, workshops, training sessions, talks and creative activities relating to digitalisation. From 12 to 22 Septembre.