Great business opportunities on offer
Leading aircraft manufacturer Airbus has two plants in our region and this has allowed us to develop expertise in structural elements manufacturing and tooling (high performance composites forming, hard metal machining…).
As aircraft manufacturers, and especially Airbus, increase their operations, tier 1 contractors and subcontractors gain more business. The collaborative culture fosters more innovation and R&D.
The production at Airbus along with the new FAMAT turbojets is leading to high levels of investment and creating more need for skills.
Another area of development is competitiveness through innovation and smart production lines.
This supportive business environment has already attracted world names in aeronautics: Arconic, Spirit Aerosystems, Figeac Aero, Web Industries and more.
Another sector offering business opportunities is embedded electronics for civil, military and space aeronautics: Artus -Meggitt, Eolane, SELHA, Souriau Esterline, Tronico …
Aircraft giant Airbus has opened its maritime logistics hub to other manufacturers. The hub was launched in 2018 to connect Saint-Nazaire with Hamburg (Germany) and with Mobile in Alabama (USA).
Powerful networking and the right connections
Academic and technological resources
- Arts et Métiers ParisTech: This engineering school provides courses to develop the skills that are essential for meeting the challenges of tomorrow’s industry and to participate in technological developments (transport, health, energy and construction).
- CentraleNantes: This engineering school is a Grande Ecole and trains engineers to a very high level. Students are equipped with a strong managerial ethos and taught to appreciate the wider environmental and societal dimensions to the scientific subjects they study.
- ESTACA: This engineering school provides courses in all transport sectors: aeronautics, automotive, space, urban transport and rail.
- Polytech’Nantes: The graduate school of engineering of the University of Nantes, located on 3 campuses (Nantes, Saint-Nazaire and La Roche-sur-Yon). Sectors: Electronics, Digital, energy, construction and materials.
- CEA Tech: Technology transfer platform, speeding innovation for industry and developing programs on AI and robotics/cobotics
- IPC Laval: Industrial Technical Center of plastics and composites
- IRT Jules Verne: Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies