Great business opportunities on offer
As VR/AR are being incorporated into many facets of business and industry such as design, manufacturing and retail, these technologies are a key lever for research and training. Are you looking for skills and talent in this field? If so, you’ll be interested in the Laval Virtual Center, the SMART FACTORY Technocampus which offer unique facilities, the collaborative AR/VR platform CLARTE and a global network for developing use cases..
With its 20-year expertise and the greatest concentration of industry players in the country, Pays de la Loire has established itself as France’s top VR/AR hub. The state-of-the-art facilities in Laval can cater for full-scale tests, enable demonstrations to be showcased, and make our region the ideal location for doing business in the sector.
“When we started applying AR/VR in my company, our productivity rose by….%.”
Whatever your line or size of business, AR/VR can really boost your company’s growth. Setting up in Pays de la Loire allows you to benefit from an ecosystem Driving economic growth, an ecosystem for ideation, technology watch and acceleration, and comparative testing.
To go further
Powerful networking and the right connections
Digital players cluster
Academic and technological resources
- Arts et Métiers ParisTech: This engineering school provides courses to develop the skills that are essential for meeting the challenges of tomorrow’s industry and to participate in technological developments (transport, health, energy and construction)
- Centrale Nantes: This engineering school is a Grande Ecole and trains engineers to a very high level. Students are equipped with a strong managerial ethos and taught to appreciate the wider environmental and societal dimensions to the scientific subjects they study
- ESIEA: The Graduate School that trains engineers as designers, developers, system and application integrators by combining coursework in IT, electronics and automated systems
- UCO Laval: University with courses in banking and insurance, construction, video games, virtual reality and history
- CEA TECH: Technology transfer platform, speeding innovation for industry and developing programs on AI and robotics/cobotics
- IRT Jules Verne: Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies
- Laval Virtual Center: a leading innovation catalyst for VR/AR applications
- LS2N: Laboratory which brings together 450 people working at the heart of the digital world. Its aim is to put cybernetics and IT research in Nantes squarely on the map, and participate fully in the digital revolution in our society today