Great business opportunities on offer
A wide range of sectors where automation has many applications: automotive, aeronautics, agrifood, plant industry, shipbuilding, sailing, electronics, energy, industrial carpentry, mechanics…
A European market within easy reach and a vibrant R&D scene: Proxinnov is the region’s go-to organisation for robotics integration. It works to bring the industrial automation industry together both in France and Europe, via the Digital Innovation Hub.
Major industry players present in Pays de la Loire: SEPRO GROUP, France’s largest manufacturer of industrial robots, the British firm EUROPLACER, and the Japanese firm Yaskawa (Japan being the leader in robot manufacturing).
Powerful networking and the right connections
The French industrial cluster for advanced manufacturing technologies
Promotes and develops business and innovation in automotive industry
The reference cluster regarding production of specialized plants respecting both environment and health.
An organization serving manufacturers, bringing together companies in the robotics sector
Technology resource centre specialising in virtual reality, augmented reality and emerging technologies
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to composite manufacturing
Technocampus Smart Factory
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to industrial uses of virtual reality
Brings together businesses in the electronics sector and users from all sectors.
Academic and technological resources
- IMT Atlantique: This engineering school provides courses in the convergence of digital technology, energy and environment
- Centrale Nantes: This engineering school is a Grande Ecole and trains engineers to a very high level. Students are equipped with a strong managerial ethos and taught to appreciate the wider environmental and societal dimensions to the scientific subjects they study
- IUT La Roche-sur-Yon: University Institute of Technology with a professional license dedicated to industry trades, mechatronics and robotics
- Polytech’ Angers: The graduate School of Engineering of the University of Angers. Sectors: Industrial Systems, Health and biology sciences and construction
- CEA Tech: Technology transfer platform, speeding innovation for industry and developing programs on AI and robotics/cobotics
- IPC Laval: Industrial Technical Center of plastics and composites
- IRT Jules Verne: Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies
- LARIS: This laboratory works in three ICT areas – system automation, image signals and reliability – with applications for the plant sector, healthcare and information science
- LS2N: Laboratory which brings together 450 people working at the heart of the digital world. Its aim is to put cybernetics and IT research in Nantes squarely on the map, and participate fully in the digital revolution in our society today