Atlantic France is deploying an ambitious industrial strategy based on excellence and innovation. This is thanks to a network, unique in France, of seven Technocampuses. These platforms dedicated to production technologies provide local businesses with a 360° vision of innovation and support them in their development towards the industry of the future. A major asset for their performance and competitiveness!
A land of industry, Atlantic France ranks first among French regions for the share of industrial employment with nearly 266,000 employees in this sector, which accounts for 16.2% of total employment. Industrial activities represent 17.7% of added value in the region.
Agrifood, aeronautics, shipbuilding, manufacturing, digital… Atlantic France has many sectors of excellence. These are based on a dense and varied entrepreneurial fabric, including both major contractors (Airbus, Chantiers de l’Atlantique, Manitou, etc.) as well as mid-sized companies, SMEs and very small businesses. Well distributed throughout the region, including in rural areas, these industrial companies contribute to the development and competitiveness of the territory.
Bring together industrials and academics with collaborative research platforms
To get them on board with the industry of the future, to facilitate and accelerate innovative projects in strategic sectors, the Atlantic France regional council has set up an innovation support system taking the form of a network of Technocampuses run by Solutions&co.
These collaborative research platforms strengthen the bridges between the industrial and academic worlds, by joining forces within a single ecosystem:
- Manufacturers (Airbus, Naval Group, Dassault Systèmes, Sopra Steria, etc.),
- Actors in private and public research (University of Nantes, ICAM, École Centrale de Nantes, IRT Jules Verne, CEA, etc.),
- Support structures for innovation, such as competitiveness clusters (EMC2, etc.).
7 Technocampuses for a 360° vision of innovation
Created in 2009 in Bouguenais (in Loire-Atlantique) and dedicated to the implementation of high performance composite materials.
Technocampus Smart Factory
Opened in Montoir-de-Bretagne (Loire-Atlantique) in 2014, supports manufacturers in their digitalization.
Opened in 2015 and also located in Bouguenais (Loire-Atlantique), specialises in metallic processes and offshore structures.
Inaugurated in 2018, brings together stakeholders in the agrifood sector in Nantes.
Robotics and Cobotics Technocampus
Based in La Roche-sur-Yon (Vendée), participates in the development towards the factory of the future and industry 4.0.
Technocampus Electronics and IoT (Internet of Things)
Inaugurated in December 2019 near Angers (Maine-et-Loire) and jointly operated by Solution&co and the electronics cluster We Network, it aims to accelerate the dissemination of electronics in industry.
Available at the end of 2022 in Le Mans (Sarthe), it will complete this network which should be extended further in the years to come.
A key factor in the performance and competitiveness of Atlantic France companies
Unprecedented in France, or even in Europe, this local network is a major asset for industrial companies established in the region or planning to set up there. The Technocampuses provide them with:
- Skills, expertise and advice to provide quick, collective and innovative responses to business industrialisation issues. This technological support can be combined with commercial support.
- Cutting-edge equipment shared and accessible across all areas of expertise dedicated to advanced production technologies. For example, the industrial virtual reality center of the Technocampus Smart Factory allows, thanks to its state-of-the-art immersive equipment (Cave Automatic Virtual Environment, CADWall, helmets, etc.), to visualise a new factory, test new processes or new machines, study the ergonomics of workstations, train employees, etc.
- Spaces for training, information, discussion and networking, promoting interaction between participants located on the same platform.
- Networking between the different Technocampuses to combine technologies, stimulate innovation and provide a full range of services with high added value to companies.
- Real estate solutions at attractive prices. The 6 existing Technocampuses have 56 tenants in premises of 4,000 to 17,000 m² depending on the building.
- National and international influence of regional manufacturing through the animation, promotion and communication actions carried out by Solutions&co.
The Technocampuses of Atlantic France are therefore a powerful lever for improving the performance and competitiveness of companies and thus helping them to make a difference in the face of global competition. Discover our success stories and be the next on the list!