Great business opportunities in the automotive industry and smart mobility
Great because you will find the skills and expertise you need to develop your business
Atlantic France is a welcoming place for the vehicle and mobility sector. Join many industrial stakeholders here:
- car manufacturers such as Renault which has a plant in Le Mans
- specific vehicle manufacturers such as Rapido, Gruau, Arquus/Renault Truck Defense, Claas, etc. (lorries, motorhomes, agricultural equipment, off-road vehicles, trucks, ambulances, fire engines…)
- suppliers such as Arconic, Webasto, Valéo, GKN Driveline, NTN, Gys, etc. (materials, electronics, lighting, batteries…).
Benefit from the versatile industrial skills present in our region to develop your business in mobility. Follow international companies such as Scania (Volkswagen group) which chose to set up a Southern European production and assembly hub in Atlantic France to cover the French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian markets.
Great because Atlantic France is a cradle of tomorrow’s mobility fully open to innovative players
How can your business fit in? Our dedicated cluster ID4CAR and its members are open to collaborate with performance-oriented technology & service providers in:
- Embedded systems: vehicle interfaces, connected vehicles, communications, safety and control.
- Electrical vehicles: electric & hybrid motors, batteries, electromechanical systems, electrical architecture.
- Cockpit design and services for autonomous and self-driving vehicles
- Digital services for smart mobility
Great because we promote and encourage smart mobility
Our main cities are strongly involved in smart city initiatives including smart mobility issues. That means business opportunities for you!
Great because you will be given access to high-level academic research, technological resources and talents
In Atlantic France, you can build your excellence with academic research, which is a pillar of the innovation process. Thanks to higher engineering schools such as Centrale Nantes, ESTACA Laval, ESEO Angers, ENSIM Le Mans, you are sure to find your talents here!
Great because our region hosts the 24 Hours of Le Mans race!
This is a unique opportunity for you to connect with most of the regional automotive players during a major international event.
Powerful networking and the right connections
Promotes and develops business and innovation in automotive industry
The French industrial cluster for advanced manufacturing technologies
The innovation cluster for managing electric and thermal energies.
Images & Réseaux
The reference cluster of digital innovation (Intelligent territory, smart home, e-education and e-health …)
Rubber and polymers cluster
Le Mans Acoustique
Cluster gathering all the players of the acoustic area (Research, Innovation and Industrials). www.lemans-acoustique.fr
Electric mobility: deployment of carbon free mobility, new models for producing and managing the energy for these vehicles.
This technology transfer centre specialises in acoustics and vibrations, materials, biological and medical engineering, and design engineering.
Industrial Technical Center of plastics and composites
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to composite manufacturing
Technocampus Electronique & IoT
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to electronics and IoT technologies
IRT Jules Verne
Mutualised research institute dedicated to the industry of the future, seeking to boost competitiveness in strategic industries by disruptive fabrication technologies
Academic and technology resources
- Centrale Nantes: Ranked in the top 5 engineering schools in France. Known for its Ph.D. research studies in Manufacturing and Additive Manufacturing. Other Ph.D. research studies in Computer Science and Automation, & Robotics.
- ESTACA: This engineering school provides courses in all transport sectors: aeronautics, automotive, space, urban transport and rail
- ENSIM Le Mans: This engineering school provides courses in vibrations, acoustics, sensors and data processing
- ESEO: The Grande Ecole of General Engineers in Intelligent Objects and Systems
- LAUM: A laboratory specialising in audible range acoustics and in new research areas relating to vibrations and ultrasound
- Laval Virtual Center: a leading innovation catalyst for VR/AR applications