Great business opportunities on offer
Great because this region was home to Léon Bollée, the 19th century automobile manufacturer and inventor.
His technology drew on other applications such as aviation with the Wright brothers. His taste for innovation attracted and inspired other foreign manufacturers and subcontractors, thus paving the way to the mobility of the future.
Great because you’ll find local skills and expertise.
Along with the Le Mans Renault plant (chassis), the industry’s strength lies in the presence of specific vehicle manufacturers (lorries, motorhomes, agricultural equipment, off-road vehicles, trucks, ambulances, fire engines…) and suppliers (materials, electronics, lighting, batteries…). Our region is home to a number of foreign firms which have their manufacturing plants here while benefitting from the local skills base (example: SCANIA).
Great because our region hosts the 24 Hours of Le Mans race!
The famous 24 hours Le Mans endurance race has made Le Mans the car capital of the world.
Powerful networking and the right connections
Promotes and develops business and innovation in automotive industry
The French industrial cluster for advanced manufacturing technologies
The innovation cluster for managing electric and thermal energies.
Images & Réseaux
The reference cluster of digital innovation (Intelligent territory, smart home, e-education and e-health …)
Rubber and polymers cluster
Brings together businesses in the electronics sector and users from all sectors.
Le Mans Tech
French Tech: #Cleantech and #Mobility thematics
Le Mans Acoustique
Cluster gathering all the players of the acoustic area (Research, Innovation and Industrials). www.lemans-acoustique.fr
The SMILE project aims to accelerate the transition to renewable energies and the development of networks
Mutualized technological research platform dedicated to composite manufacturing
Academic and technology resources
- Centrale Nantes: This engineering school is a Grande Ecole and trains engineers to a very high level. Students are equipped with a strong managerial ethos and taught to appreciate the wider environmental and societal dimensions to the scientific subjects they study.
- ESTACA: This engineering school provides courses in all transport sectors: aeronautics, automotive, space, urban transport and rail
- ENSIM Le Mans: This engineering school provides courses in vibrations, acoustics, sensors and data processing
- ESEO: The Grande Ecole of General Engineers in Intelligent Objects and Systems
- Cité de l’objet connecté: Connected objects hub integrated into We Network cluster supporting startups, small and mid-sized businesses and large corporations thoughout their IoT projects
- CTTM: This technology transfer centre specialises in acoustics and vibrations, materials, biological and medical engineering, and design engineering
- IPC Laval: Industrial Technical Center of plastics and composites
- LAUM: A laboratory specialising in audible range acoustics and in new research areas relating to vibrations and ultrasound
- Laval Virtual Center: a leading innovation catalyst for VR/AR applications