The city of Nantes has been one of the most dynamic in France for many years. According to a recent study about the attractiveness of the main French cities, the capital of Atlantic France was the third most appealing in the country in 2021.
2,383 people working in the 21 largest French cities were questioned about their perception of their city and its attractiveness. In the 4th edition of this study, which was carried out by the job platform HelloWork in partnership with the recruitment firm Hays, Nantes took third place, after Lyon and Rennes.
The best French city for business and career opportunities
Nantes particularly stands out in the field of economics. The city ranks first for economic dynamism and also first for the labour market, ahead of Paris, and is considered by the people interviewed as a highly recommended city for interesting career opportunities. 66% of the people living in Nantes who were surveyed would recommend the city to someone willing to relocate.
Nantes also ranks 3rd for soft mobility equipment, 5th for the quality of its infrastructures and 5th in the category “leisure, culture and environment”.
Atlantic France at the top of the polls
Over the recent months, several studies have highlighted the attractiveness of the Atlantic France region:
- Nantes is the top city of provincial France for businesses
- Atlantic France is the 3rd most dynamic region in France
- Atlantic France hosts 3 cities which are among the 10 most attractive mid-sized cities in France (La Roche-sur-Yon, Cholet and Angers)
- In cities of Atlantic France located at less than 2 hours from Paris, such as Le Mans, Angers and Nantes, real estate is up to 6 times cheaper than it is in the capital
- Angers, Le Mans and Nantes are among the least stressful cities in France
- In 2021, our region was home to 82 international investment projects, a 30% increase compared with 2020.
Ready to make the move? Contact us and relocate your business with ease!