If there is one area in which Atlantic France particularly stands out, it is the food & agrifood industry. This is illustrated once again with the launch of MIAM, a FoodTech startup accelerator serving a fairer, more sustainable and more responsible food industry.
The MIAM accelerator is led by the Startup Palace in Nantes. This unique support programme invites all mature Foodtech startups to apply in order to develop their innovations in close collaboration with two major actors in the food industry: Sodebo and Brioches Fonteneau.
On the first occasion, only two lucky winners will have the opportunity to considerably accelerate their development thanks to:
- 9 months of intense support,
- Renowned experts in startup acceleration and business experts covering all the fields necessary to pave the road to success,
- A unique field of experimentation offered by the agrifood leaders Brioches Fonteneau and Sodebo.
In order to be selected, candidate startups must meet several criteria:
- Be mature (having a marketable solution, a team formed and a start of business traction) ;
- Demonstrate the relevance of their innovations with 4 major criteria, representing 4 challenges the agri-food industry is facing today:
- The packaging (top priority this year)
- The new ingredients
- The new forms of distribution
- The sector information and communication
The call for applications ends on January 3, 2021.
Atlantic France, a great location for innovative agrifood companies
MIAM is one of the examples of how much Atlantic France is committed to food innovation. There are many business opportunities to develop here for agrifood players. Are you interested? Read more about the region’s assets in food & agrifood or contact our business location experts.